Lochaber Cottage enjoys a remote setting in Glen Roy, near the village of Roy Bridge. There are only a few other cottages in the area. You can go all day without seeing anyone apart from the shepherd.
The remote, isolated feel of the cottage is central to its appeal. When renting a cottage in the Scottish Highlands, come to Lochaber Cottage to get away from it all, to enjoy the hills and natural beauty and to relax.
Due to the remote location please note the following:
– The cottage has a private water supply drawn from a nearby stream and this can have a brown tint from the peaty soil. The water is filtered twice, has a UV-radiation system to kill bacteria and is tested by the local council. While we use tap water to fill the kettle and brush teeth, because the water is not continually monitored/tested we always use bottled water for drinking. We recommend that guests do this too.
– Mobile phone reception at the cottage is poor. As far as we are aware, Vodaphone is the only network that operates and it can also experience lack of signal at times. A landline is provided for use in emergencies and to receive calls.
– The cottage is off the gas grid so does not have central heating. Apart from the real fire in the Living Room, all the heating, cooking and hot water is electric – but there are plenty of electric radiators throughout the house.
– There is a free internet connection and wifi available in the cottage and on the deck. However, due to the rural location the cottage has had occasional problems with the phone line so we cannot always guarantee that the internet will work. We advise guests not to rely on the internet to do work or anything else urgent during your holiday. We cannot accept any liability for network problems which are outwith our control.
– On occasion, there are brief power cuts in the area while essential maintenance is carried out.
What our guests say:
“Just a quick email to say thank you for our stay in Lochaber. We truly had a wonderful week” Guest, June 2016
“This is such a beautiful area you chose and I’m looking forward to several more days of exploring.” Guest, June 2015